FNRS Eligibility Criteria
Belgium (FNRS) – Fédération Wallonie – Bruxelles (FWB)
JPI Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life – Joint Action “Malnutrition in the Elderly” Knowledge Hub
The Malnutrition in the elderly Knowledge Hub will be funded for a period of up to 2 years. The maximum amount for the total networking costs of all eligible participants from the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles is 12.500 EUR per year.
Eligibility of the proposal
Additional national eligibility criteria for the proposal beyond the general criteria in the Terms of Reference of the joint call
- Basic research carried out in a research institution from the “Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles”
- The FNRS will not fund industrial partners or any activity related to the private sector.
Eligibility of applying scientists
The applicant must be affiliated to a research institution from the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles. The applicant should also:
- be a permanent researcher of F.R.S. - FNRS (Chercheur qualifié, Maître de recherches or Directeur de recherches),
- or hold a tenure track position (or an assimilated position including pending tenure track) within a research institution from the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles,
- or be a permanent research staff member in the ‘Ecole Royale Militaire’,
- or be a permanent research staff member of a federal scientific institution in which case he can act as a co-promotor only.
The applicant should not have reached retirement at the starting date of the project. If the applicant reaches the age of retirement in the course of the project, he should precisely describe in the proposal how the handover will be managed.
Eligible cost items
The maximum amount allocated is 12.500 EUR per year. The following costs are eligible:
- Networking costs: (max. 12.500 EUR/year): - Coordination meeting costs; Scientific meeting costs: workshops, conferences; Grants for short and exchange visits (travel costs: transportation, accommodation and per diem); Dissemination costs: website and publications (paper and digital limited to 500 EUR); Database costs (preparation and computing); Consumables as well as the following support costs:
- Conception d’ouvrage
- Réalisation de dictionnaire
- Achat de livre
- Location de licence de logiciel
- Inscription à un congrès
“Overhead” is not an eligible cost. If the project is selected for funding, these costs will be subject to a separate agreement between the institution of the beneficiary and the F.R.S.-FNRS. General rules and regulations of FNRS apply: www.frs-fnrs.be
Please contact one of the persons below if you have questions regarding the above:
Freia Van Hee, freia.vanhee(at)frs-fnrs.be, 02 504 93 09
Arnaud Goolaerts: arnaud.goolearts(at)frs-fnrs.be, 02 504 93 28
More detailed information on the Call: http://www.healthydietforhealthylife.eu/images/documents/Call_document_JPI_HDHL_Joint_Action_Malnutrition.pdf